View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 08:57 PM   #177
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Ordered some tires while I had the card out and it wasn't maxed out yet.

235/45-17 front, 315/35-17 rear Toyo Extensa HP II tires. There are not a ton of options on that size rear tire that also have it in the front size. These were the cheapest ones in that combo but not sure why they are so much less than the Nitto tires. They compare favorably and Toyo is a decent brand. Not complaining though, got a full set of tires shipped for just over $600.

My 3-1/2" hole saw is too big. Had to use some cardboard to hold the big gauges in the holes. It was all I could get locally. So I'll order the 3-3/8 one online. I got the gauge control box wired in for most of the gauges but oil press, temp and the tach were what I really need for now. They did power up and when I started the engine the tach looked close. The oil pressure pegged the needle though. I couldn't run the engine for more than a few seconds anyway because we are in a blizzard here so opening the garage door isn't an option. Reading some ford forum posts concerning oil pressure on a coyote and they have very high pressure during cold start then it comes down significantly as it warms up so I'm not going to worry yet. When I can run it until it warms up and starts the radiator cooling fan, then I'll know if there's something odd. Maybe this weekend!

And the battery box I ordered finally shipped so I can finish building the trunk area.
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 02-22-2023 at 09:18 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote