View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 12:22 PM   #31
dsraven

Re: Vintage radio and antenna question

what, a shark fin on the roof wouldn't fit in? haha
sounds like a good spot LG.
years a go my neighbor with a 55-57 truck frenched in his poweer antenna into the pass side where the gas cap would normally be on the driver's side. it looked cool and all but I wondered back then if it would bump against the cab when powered up fully. the frenched in hole would also tend to fill with water and other junk.
I also wondered about the possibility of mounting a small stick-on antenna on top of a bed post, like a cap. not an antenna that sticks up like a wire, just a compact one like the ones that stick to the inside of a windshield. a cap could be placed on the top of each bed post and sorta look the same (but out of place). the older boxes with the angled bed rails may look a little more off than the flat topped ones I suppose. I also wondered about if a wire style antenna could be run in with the rubber windshield rubber insert or if that would negate any actual ability to pick up a signal. the old chevy's with the antenaa in the glass got me thinking about that. if you like the hat brim style winshield sun deflectors I suppose an antenna could be placed under that, horizontally, or possibly behind a front bumper but, again, lots of steel right in the area and it's low to the ground so not sure how well that would work either.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote