Thread: 55.2-59 57 Fleetside C4 build
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 11:39 AM   #155
dsraven

Re: 57 Fleetside C4 build

yeah, especially tough when doing a metallic paint as it blushes so easily if doing shortl passes. it's good to do a long pass, covering fender, door and out to rear of cab. that way there isn't a double layer at the overlap of the fender to the door. it does make it harder to get the passes in a nice long straight line though.
I have shelves in my shop about 18" down from the ceiling and I store milk crate style bins up there. I have pegboard below that with tools hanging. when I paint i usually hang plastic from the cieling down to the floor and staple it to the baseboard area. that way all that stuff is covered. it does get a little iffie when a gust of wind blows and the plastic tends to billow up. I also hang a tarp over my toolbox so if I need a tool in a hurry, like the paint gun has problems or an airline has issues etc, I have easy access. I store a lot of stuff in lateral filing cabinets so those are easy to plastic off. on a dry day I will wet down the lawn outside the shop and also the dirt alley behind the shop doors. I usually spray the furnace filters a little as well, so the dust will stick to them easier.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote