View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 05:01 PM   #317
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
I haven't been on the build section in awhile. Both your truck, and Tony's short bed are beautiful. You should be proud and ready for all the compliments that you will no doubt be getting. I love to see someone's hard work pay off and the little setbacks fade to memory. Enjoy it and on to the next one.....
thank you sir,i appreciate the kind words.this truck has turned well i think,it was the truck though,not me.best truck i ever saw or owned.it seemed to be a battle with doing almost everything 2 or 3 times but in a 100 years we'll look back at this and laugh.the crazy thing with doing things twice,none of it was the trucks fault,bad work from undependable people,faulty parts,delays with trying to get a truck home to Nova Scotia during covid while the Canada/USA border was closed??anyway it's almost done,a little tuning and waiting on the weather.i have been in constant touch with the family of the original owner,in Santa Ana,Ca,sending them pictures all along the rebuild.they're thrilled with what i've done with the truck.that's nice and makes it all worthwhile.i did start back on the 39 Chrysler that got put on hold once this truck arrived.time for that one to get a little love.there's a build thread going on,on that car in the "alternative tinkerings". i do want a Henry J and have a DeSoto Hemi motor sitting in the corner on an engine stand.maybe i won't have to put the Chrysler back on hold,but you never know?take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote