View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 10:58 PM   #187
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
I don't know what your plan is for your final dash. However, you could use the metall dash that came with the car and put a wood veneer over that. You'd still have a dash plate thin enough for your switch mounting and also have the wood appeal you want.
Maybe, but I have other ideas to try before that option.

I stopped by a local fab shop and bought some metal for the trunk area. He just snipped what I needed from his assortment of drops from other jobs.

Then I used the borrowed brake to make another box to fit in the trunk. It's 9" deep, 12 x 6" length and width. Still need to weld it up and paint it.

I just kept thinking about when I learned how to use a brake for the first time in middle school shop class. We made a tool tray. I don't remember what happened to it but it turned out pretty decent. More complicated than I made here tonight. Thank you Mr Filippi (pronounced flippy!) I just remembered that I actually still have one of my middle school shop projects, an epoxy keychain in the shape of MN that hung from the mirror of my C10 since I started driving it in 1983. I think it's still hanging there. Now I gotta go in the garage and look......

Haha, yep, still there! He was a good teacher. Besides the name he was one I always remember. How can you forget a name like Flippy?! And my dad had him as a high school shop teacher!

Anyway, hoping to finish up the trunk area this weekend.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote