View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 11:19 PM   #8
Accelo

Re: 1/4 mile times with 354 Rear wheel HP.

Thanks everyone for some great suggestions.

I am going to add some weight and fill the rear mounted fuel tank to the top.

Didn't think of the air pressure it was likely 32psi. I will lower it, maybe 25?

I don't think 4:11 would help much, traction was a issue. Wouldn't 4;11 make it worse?

I will try manual shifting. Possibly it will work out, hoping I can feather the throttle some with out shifting up.

Huge loss in traction when it's cold out. In the summer no fire burn outs at all. I had enough smoke to drop the visibility in the adjacent lane if there was anyone there. (All alone on an abandoned road) Frankly somewhat flabbergasted in the difference in traction when it's colder. The temp was 45 deg. The DRAGY records it also.

When it's warm out full throttle, from a stop doesn't result in tire spin. If you are rolling at 15mph and go full throttle you will break the tires loose. Why I purchased the converter.

I also have an uninstalled 2800 stall converter still in the shop. Will be interesting if I can get some traction. May be useful with some warmer weather and implementing some of the suggestions you all had.

Looks like the 1/4 mile time is bogus as you can see the mph drop. I think I chickened out as space is limited. The 1/8 mile was 9.75 @ 80.7mph.
I included the DRAGY graph
Weight is maybe 3900lbs. 1970 SWB

Looks like I am running the same times as Myself (post 5) 230hp motor with similar weights. I know I am leaving a lot on the table.
Still learning the DRAGY software. More to come if the rain ever quits. Going to set up the DRAGY for only the 1/8 mile. Fast enough for the road I can use.
Attached Images

Last edited by Accelo; 03-11-2023 at 11:42 PM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote