View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
Factory Guy

Trying to start my LS for the first time.

Ok, So I have my LS LQ4 (all GEN 3) ready to fire up. Vats are deleted, computer was reflashed by Brendan on LT1Swap.com. Wire harness, made by his buddy Andy, everything, near as I can tell is plugged in. Cranked it over yesterday as shown in the photo. It never even attempted to fire.

Most everything on this LQ4 is stock. It did get a cam swap to a SS2, new lifters and PAC1218 springs. 317 Heads were re done. Compression ratio is stock. (nothing was milled off the heads)

ENGINE is not in the truck yet. The engine cranked over very slowly but never attempted to fire. Cam sensor is plugged in, crank sensor is plugged in. Drive By Wire pedal is connected and it opens the throttle body.

I just check for spark plug fire. Pulled # 1 plug. it had fire when cranking.

Pulled all the spark plugs and cranked it over, it cranks really quick with no spark plugs and I had almost 40 PSI of oil pressure.

60psi on the gauge for fuel pressure. However, it did have some gas leaking out between the intake gasket on #1 fuel injector and the head? (It has a new gasket there?)

Is a minimum rotating speed required to start the engine? I pull the battery out of my daily driver to start this.

Want to make sure everything is working correctly, before installing this into my Squarebody.

Suggestions?
Attached Images

Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote