View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 12:20 AM   #14
2500HD

Re: Drive line angle questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfont66 View Post
Thanks for your reply,

The transmission in my truck is a T56 magnum, and is fairly large, I have the high hump transmission tunnel, but even with the high hump, a portion of the rear of the transmission is very close to contacting the floor of the truck. I can’t raise the transmission any further without modifying the floor. I found a company that makes a extended high hump cover, and believe it would allow the transmission to be raised far enough to get to 2.6 degrees. Level 7 is proud of this piece, as they are fairly expensive, $355 plus tax and shipping.
This could be a solution though, with those numbers the drive shaft may be happier.

I’m not sure how to figure what the driveshaft angle would be if I added a 1 degree shim to the rear of current setup to plug the numbers into the driveline calculator, to get the operating angles, so my original plan may not be the best plan.

Again, I want to thank those that have responded with suggestions /advice, I appreciate it.
Back to this. message the trans tunnel 1/2 to 3/4 to raise the tailshaft and be happy. start wide and raise over a wide area. you will not even notice inside the cab.
Now ZZ454/4L80E/Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4/3:73 Eaton Posi
PS PB and cold factory air
Early Classic 4.5/6
Front 20X8.5 Riddler 4.75 inch bs Pirelli 255/40/20
Rear 20X10 Riddler 5.5 inch bs Toyo 295/40/40
Rear end is original wide 6 lug converted to 5 lug
2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote