View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 05:06 PM   #1052
chewychevy67

Re: 67 GMC super custom build

I modified the harness for the accessories this afternoon. I added a breaker to the 10 gauge wire that will feed the power windows and seats. They will be left unfused. The breaker ensures that if the windows do shut down they will return to operation when the breaker cools off. That way I can't be cought in the rain with the windows down and a blown fuse. They will have power all the time as they will get power from the distribution block by the battery. That is how the factory 67 gm vehicles were wired. The other side of the block for the heated seats, and other accessories will be run to an unused in the fuse block and will only have power when the ignition is on. Everything that runs out of the accessory block from that side will have a inline fuse of its own. Again that is how I believe the factory would have done this in cars. I also added the vaccum Combo valve behind the gauges for the vacuum door lock. I think everything is pretty much figured out under the dash. Now on to fine tuning everything under the hood.
Attached Images

Last edited by chewychevy67; 03-18-2023 at 05:15 PM.
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote