View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 07:59 PM   #137
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Thanks guys. Other place I'm considering starting with is double checking the pin between the booster and master cylinder. I thought I had set the depth, but the pads seem awful close to the rotor. Wondering if I'm restricting the cylinder from returning all the way too. As far as prop valve goes, should I just replace it? There doesn't seem to be much I can adjust or check with that thing. It's one of the generic GM style ones.

Update, I'm a bone head.

I loosened the nuts holding the master cylinder to the booster. Figured if there was a gap problem with the push rod then I just created more gap. That did nothing. I then went forward and undid the bolts holding the brake pedal to the booster. Maybe, I thought, I had tightened the bolts too much and causing friction on the pedal so it couldn't return. Low and behold I had installed the pedal before I put the steering column in. The top of the pedal arm hits the column when it returns. This made the pin for the power booster only be able to return about 80% of it's travel thus... brake drag!

Hoping I'm not celebrating too early, have to take a drive to confirm!

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 03-23-2023 at 06:12 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote