Thread: Legacy 59
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 11:56 PM   #39
dsraven

Re: Legacy 59

I'll get that info to you tomorrow.
if looking to power up your ride i suggest to look for a donor vehicle that has the stuff you need. like an insurance write off lot or a deal from the classifieds locally. a donor gets you the engine, trans as a unit. starter, alt, computer, all the wiring, rad, steering column, seats, etc etc. if the body isn't too bad some of it can be sold to recover some costs. i recommend an LS engine just because it is the new small block and also because it ia fuel injected right outta the chute. yes, carbed engines are retro and cool etc, but the fuel injected engines start easy, have computers that are already set up for the peripherals, like engine fans, fuel pump turn on/off, trans shift points etc. lots of guys will tune it for you but they can also be ran in the stock format and will have lots of juice to run a light truck. if you can find a camaro it will already have the oil pan and exhaust manifolds you know will fit. trucks are cheaper but the oil pans are too low so a bit of money needs to be spent on some upgrades.
anyway, your truck do what you like. it might be good to start a list of doing a repower a few different ways.weigh the costs and time to finish. lots of guys are using the small block chevy because the TF trucks came with the sbc so engine mounts are easy. thats good if you don't plan on doing a different trans or if you can come up with the correct bellhousing to support the rear of the engine on the stock cross member, otherwise it is a new style of trans cross member.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote