View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 11:33 AM   #221
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Yep, Utz chips are only a privilege to us in this area. They use peanut oil. You can tour the plant. Lays is national and they can't come anywhere near touching Utz. Lots of food comes out of Hanover. Snyders Pretzels, too. Hanover, PA has a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch who settled there. Hanover is a town in Germany. Notice the German theme through all these brands? Old German is from Cumberland, MD up in the mountains. That's how far the C&O canal got. It's where the first National Road reached to, and a town just outside of Cumberland made the first RR rails for the first commercial RR in America, the B&O. They call it Queen City for being (used to be) second largest city to Baltimore and the farthest reach of colonial Maryland through all those firsts in transportation.

My grandfather had a bar on the banks of the Youghiogheny River in far western Maryland. The beer came out of Pittsburg because Friendsville is west of the Eastern Continental Divide, and just closer. Old German and Old Export came form slightly east and the rest came from Pittsburg
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote