Thread: 55.2-59 No title or VIN plate ?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 10:23 AM   #2
Hcb3200

Re: No title or VIN plate ?

You may not get a title in MS.
First. MS has a way to get a new vin on that vehicle after its road worthy and driving. Have the DMV/state patrol issue a new vin to the truck.
they do it for customs etc.

As to the title it depends on how MS handles it.
Example

I bought a truck with a title in TN.
Brought to GA they would not issue title because for anything older than some date. So I got my registration no issue and moved on.

Moved to South Carolina. (who still titles older cars)
On the transfer handed them the TN title and GA registration and they issued me a SC title and registration.

Once its in the system its in the system now that everything is computerized.
As you can see the age of the truck solves its title issues. If you sell it with a good notarized bill of sale. With copies of proof of registration then you should have no issue selling it to anyone that is taking it to a state that does still title older vehicles.

They other guy may be legit but why go thru the hassle if MS is not going to issue you a title anyway.
And unless you got some super detailed legal contract with the other guy he owns your car until it comes back. Again he still may be legit and done it as a service. But other offering the same thing may not.

My thoughts.

PS -- Careful how you ask this question and route you take. Other forums have super strict rules on how titles and vins are discussed. AKA they keep it in the legal bounds.
Hcb3200 is offline   Reply With Quote