View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 02:25 AM   #304
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

The new mounts positioned the drivetrain in the right place, but didn't let the drivers side header fit. I suppose they were designed to be used with Hooker headers but I already had a decent set of stainless long tubes. I think it took nearly a dozen times of taking them off, grind a little, reinstall to check fitment, repeat.

While the cab was back off for the umpteenth time I cleaned up the notch I added to the lower back of the cab for driveshaft clearance by welding in a 1/4" plate to the substructure of the floor. A little filler and that will be ready to go.

The fuel line, brake lines, battery cables and air lines are all now secured and clamped tight.

Next I'm planning on putting the cab back on, adding the door seals and verifying proper fitment and gaps in all of the front sheet metal, then getting started on the body work. The truck has some minor hail damage, and a few bumps and bruises that need addressing.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote