View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 10:28 AM   #211
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Nothing to hate about that '60!! Saying "Get some '60 hubcaps for that" is easier said than done, and doesn't say it all. More like find some '60 clip style split rims and extremely rare chrome 2wd hub caps. And if you don't want split rims, send them out to have non-splits custom made. We are talking a lot of money and maybe even more "if you can find them"s. Traditionally, it was nothing uncommon to find hubcaps swapped between years on trucks and cars. The '60 K/20 never had hubcaps, so even assembling a high dollar custom combo would not be correct. It all looks fantastic to me, including the "incorrect" mirrors. I have always been a customized to have an original look with GM parts guy. Only the knowledgeable will know and if that bothers them, well.... they can get over it or get their own truck

I'm digging the combination look of chrome bumper and hubcaps with painted grille and mirrors

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-02-2023 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added "guy"
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote