Thread: 47-55.1 1953 3100 "Honey-do"
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 03:45 PM   #189
rnrdthefox

Re: 1953 3100 "Honey-do"

One item that I've been kicking down the road is the transition from the center console to the dash. I think I posted a while back that I was moving the shifter from the column to the center console. This is mainly because I want to have a more usable Sport and Manual shift modes when I'm in the mood (or the Boss if she's feeling it).

The center console is out of a 2008 CTS. It gives normal P, R, N, D and sport and manual modes. The other things I've been mulling over have to do with where I place the window controls and master door lock. I want to keep the door lock switch from the passenger side and window controls from the Escalade. Doing this doesn't give me much room on the doors to put them there so I'm going to try to put them into the center console. Either passenger will have access to the door locks and the window controls. There should be enough space for the HVAC Dakota Digital control unit and the Heated and Cooled Seat controls. I don't have the Heated and Cooled seat controls mocked up yet but they will be at the top left and right above the window/door controls.

Here are some pics for the work in progress. It's taken several attempts to get this far as I will do something and not like it and start over. Oh well, part of the process.
Attached Images

Last edited by rnrdthefox; 04-14-2023 at 03:40 PM.
rnrdthefox is offline   Reply With Quote