Thread: 47-55.1 Hazard light wiring dilemma
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 03:44 AM   #4
mr48chev

Re: Hazard light wiring dilemma

I don't believe that you can get there from here without alot of hassle.

The Brown wire going into the turn signal switch is the 4 way flasher wire from the flasher but if you tie into it the light will flash all the time. You have to connect to the switched side of the turn signal switch to have it work right and without going out and pulling a switch out of a mid 70's column if I still have one out there that I can take apart I don't think that there is a simple way to tie into it. That light is just useless decoraton as it it sits.
The only way it can work otherwise is to have a totally separate hazzard light system that is not connected to the turnsignal and brake lights at all. In truth both turn signal lights in the dash/speedometer should flash when the 4 ways are on any how as each should be hooked to a front turn signal

I dug out the wiring diagram from the instructions and it isn't all that exciting even though it is pretty simple to follow.

The second image is a77 Camaro Turn signal Asyou can see there is no real way to connnect to it to get a wire for the 4 ways.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote