View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 05:37 PM   #304
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Working on positioning the rear cab divider trim. My old trim used to sit funny and I wanted to make sure it was straight this time. I will have to install new mounting posts. The original GM drawing says there should be 12 posts total. For my starting point, I wanted make sure that the bottom of both ends of the trim sit flush with the drip rail ends. My old trim did not sit this way. When I taped the new trim up on the cab, I noticed that when I install it this way, it's not really square to the body lines. Then I realize that the drip rail is a bit longer on the passenger side. So I squared the trim up to the bottom line of the rear window and the body lines just below the drip rail. This also showed me how much of the drip rails needed removed. Outlined the trim here to have a reference for mount post installation.

Shortened the passenger side drip rail up to the bottom of the trim. Will have to do some finish work here later.

Ready to drill holes. I have NOS replacement post that screw in. These are nice because they come with sealer already in the threads. Will screw them in after paint is finished.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848

Last edited by omodified; 05-27-2024 at 09:59 PM.
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote