View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 07:30 PM   #206
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Well I thought I would have dropped the body on it by now but my seats for my crewcab got back from the upholstery shop and I had to get those installed, which included new carpet, which meant I should get that rusty cab support replaced, which lead to pulling out the old carpet and finding more rust holes, which lead to fixing a bunch of the front floor pans, sound deadening and finally the carpet and seats. And I installed new body bushings. Details shown on the farm truck thread.

So today I finally got back to the cobra, working on the list of things that need to be done before the body goes on. Started on securing the tranny tunnel cover but had to stop when my threaded rivet gun failed. Ordered a new, better one. I moved the headlight switch. And started putting the other sheetmetal pieces on the driver side footbox. But that first piece wasn't even close to fitting. It was half an inch off on the inboard side and about 1/8" to long. You can see the green line marking where it should be bent. I ended up cutting the piece in half and rebending it, which seems to have worked out.

Also greased the front suspension parts and mounted the horn. I may end up moving it once the body is on but maybe not. We'll see.

On the body, I have one wheel well trimmed. Need to do the other front wheel opening and where the dash fits then it's ready for the first test fit.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote