Thread: Wheeeels
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 09:38 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Wheeeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyC10 View Post
So I pulled the trigger on the stage 1 air ride kit from AZproperformance for the 73-87 model truck. Front consists of the plates/cup with the bags with the stock control arms and the back is a bolt in 4link from ridetech. I got some Vannatta front inner fenders coming in in a few weeks. I got my eyes on some wheels (us mags boulevard 20x9.5 and 20x8). Curious if the back spacing is going to be an issue with these. 20x8s come with a 4.54bs and the 20x9.5 with a 5.29bs. Back has stock tubs and bed floor. Any help is appreciated, thanks 👍🏻
They should 'fit' fine assuming stock width rear end housing & un-modded (narrowed) front arms.

My personal preference is 5"BS minimum on an 8" front wheel. It offers more turning clearance @ the fender-lip when the truck is LOW & keeps the track width to a minimum. Your proposed 8's w/4.5xBS just has less clearance @ that outer plain/fender lip.
(Full disclaimer: 5"BS up front usually has increased interference issues @ the a-arm which requires more effort)

I'd prefer 5"BS on a 10" wheel out back which would be the same as 4.5"BS on your proposed 9.5" rear wheel. The additional back-spacing @ 5.29" will tuck the rear wheels more than needed to clear which impacts looks but they'll still fit/work. They could come very close to the edge of the inner tub/floor seam so I'd watch for possible interference. if so, a .250" spacer would likely be all that you'd need.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote