View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 11:23 AM   #3358
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
Very nice! Not sure if that’s parchment or gold but it looks great with the olive. Also, I would not say “nice project for restoration”… more like “just needs a little polish”…
I agree Tim, very solid truck. Big Block Longhorn in very original condition with very minimal previous owner "good ideas" added onto it. It's not a Custom Camper as advertised, but that really doesn't matter in the case of a Longhorn big block. Reminds me a lot of the 71 I bought that I still wish I'd kept, although mine was a little more rough when I picked it up.. It was a Cheyenne Super, Custom Camper but a regular ol longbed with a 350. But I had a soft spot for the old beater for some reason. I kinda liked that it didn't come across obviously as a Cheyenne Super - 71 being the only year where you could have a Cheyenne Super without the badges. Weird little thing. It was a good example of "it'll buff out". While the door had to be replaced and the fender had to be painted, the bed is all original paint with a little elbow grease. Wasn't going for a show truck (obviously) but it cleaned up ok.
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote