View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 04:57 PM   #3812
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

well,as is usually the case with me it seems?1 step ahead,3 steps back.when i put my truck back together and finished up a month or 2 ago,i broke a clip off the outer windowfelt seal on the outside of the drivers door.China junk i'm sure,anyway i found a seller on Ebay selling them one at a time.i ordered a new seal.they put a 27 inch long windowfelt in a 24 inch long box?genius.i complained and they said i couldn't return it,it was ordered over 30 days ago?i tryed to straighten it out and install it but it fits like crap,looks like crap so it's on there but only til i buy another set elsewhere and change them all.then my lovely wife says " why is there a dark spot in the middle of the dome lamp?" i said it's 50 years old,i'll buy a new one.more Chinese junk.the new lens doesn't fit the original bezel?it's about 3/16's too long?i guess you have to buy the Chinese bezel with the lens to fit but i wouldn't bet on it?then since i was visiting my sick friend in Ohio last week,i made a run to Summit,bought some stuff i needed and 1 stainless 2 1/4 exhaust tip planning to cut in 2 and install a piece on each side.i should know better but it looks nice left alone,not cut in 2 but i have 1??smart like a crowbar i am?anyway i'll have to get another one here and pay more freight than what the goofy tip is worth.i love it when a plan comes together?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote