View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 12:14 PM   #152
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I have been going over the final details to get ready for paint. I removed the rear doors and hinges. There were some cracks in the rear door sheet metal, I fixed those. I cleaned up the rear doors and Painted the interior. I also painted the last of the interior, the rear door jamb. I removed the runningboard to body seal retainer, that was a miserable chore. I cleaned up the Visor and the rear splash pan. I have a half pint sample of each color so I need some test surface. It was a hot day and I had some time. I mixed up the ½ pint of Windsor Blue and sprayed my test pieces. I checked the pot to see if any paint was left and found it still full! I had prepped the rear doors and sprayed some primer on the rusty areas, but had not fully primered. I decided to try to use up this paint on the doors with a couple coats, and I put another coat on the test pieces. In the end there was still some paint left. I had to stop when my compressor made a noise and stopped working. The belt came off and the motor breaker threw. I fiddled around with the compressor and realigned the motor, it works for now. The rear doors look o.k. but I might shoot some high build primer over the blue since there are some spots that could use something. There are places where the old paint and the original paint have chipped off that show the edge through this new paint. I was impressed with how easy it was to paint with a paint gun, all things considered. The automotive paint with activator and reducer, the temperature is warm, the air compressor size, compared to spray cans it went on clean with no sign of dripping or orange peel.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote