View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 10:26 AM   #23
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Back Surgery in the Morning

Good to hear your surgery went as expected. I did the same thing 10 years ago. Don't be to confident in your stamina and strength at first. It is easy to over extend yourself in the first couple of weeks.

Keep walking short distances while slowly over the coming weeks taking longer and longer walks. My surgery was in January so the weather wasn't great for walking outside so I ended up driving to one of the local malls twice a day and doing laps around the inside.

I bought a pedometer to make sure I kept increasing the distances I walked and after I returned to work I used it to be sure I kept getting enough steps to keep my back healthy.

I still have occasional bouts of sciatica which I have noticed relate to periods of inactivity on my part. (Like getting Covid last winter.) And every time I have to lift something heavy I try to figure some way of doing it without bending over and lifting. Other than that I have had a successful recovery allowing me to still play competitively in soccer leagues.

Good luck with your recovery.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote