View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 08:40 PM   #150
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

After the epoxy cured, I sprayed on the Raptor liner. I had purchased a 1 gallon kit, but only used 2 quarts to cover the top of the floor. I thought it was a very easy process. Hopefully it is fairly durable, although it won’t see much abuse.
I was impressed with how well it covered the smaller dents, and am now debating on if I want to spray more than just the floor of the bed.
My rear lights were in rough shape, one backup lamp housing had wiring issues, and one taillight housing had a wood screw holding the lens in.(This was an old ranch truck and someone used what they had) anyway I ordered all new complete assemblies from GMCPAULS Truck Parts.
The gas filler previously purchased from Boyd Welding was originally intended to be used with a wood floor, but I think it worked out OK, the top of the nozzle on the tank, and the throat of the filler are extremely close, almost touching, just a small 3” section of rubber hose connects one to the other.

I had sprayed the bedsides and wheel tubs in my garage the week prior when the weather was nice, before all the bugs came out, and the cottonwood trees started dropping fluff. It was just the typical scuff, prime and shoot the same terrible matching color of paint. Wish it was Hugger orange, but that will be some time in the future when I can tear the truck apart and do it right.
Attached Images