View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 06:48 AM   #152
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Your work on recessing the fuel fill kit is top notch. I think I'll do the same thing with mine. I have the same Boyd's fuel tank you do since I was initially planning on a wood bed floor earlier on. I suppose the hose that comes with the flush mount fuel fill kit slides over the threads that were designed to hold the cap on that came with the tank, and then just use the provided hose clamp to hold the seal tight?

Good to know how much Raptor Liner you needed for the bed floor, I'll be doing the same thing soon. Do you think the 2 remaining quarts would be enough for the rest of the inside of the bed? I mean the front panel, the inside facing of the tailgate, and the inner bedsides and wheel tubs?

Your paint work looks great man. Personally I love the bronze color your truck has, but Hugger orange will also be very cool.
Thanks for your reply and the compliments.

The hose that comes with the kit does just as you say, it slides over the threads on the tank, then the smaller piece of hose slides inside the larger hose making a reduction to fit the filler. I chose to measure and cut the amount I needed and then install the hose on the tank first, then the smaller piece was cut down to 7/8” and installed next. Clamp the lower portion of the hose to the tank, leave the second clamp in place, but very loose . Because I bolted the filler in with stainless 10-32 machine screws ,washers and lock nuts before dropping the bed on, it took a little patience to line up the filler and the hose on the tank. Using a little liquid soap or Vaseline on the hose and filler neck helps everything slide together smoothly. Once the bed is set, the second clamp can be tightened up fairly easily from the drivers side.

As far as the amount of Raptor liner needed to spray the inside of the entire bed, I think the remaining 2 quarts would cover everything, but I would hate to run short. For me I think I would want an extra quart just to be sure I had enough.
Maybe they sell a 5 quart kit? That would make me feel more comfortable.
Perhaps check deals on Amazon.