View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 06:34 PM   #13
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 70 C10 SWB Frame Measurement Needed

You would think it would be, but 10 or 12 years ago we had a guy bring a nice mid 70's Camaro into the body shop to get his doors aligned. They were hard to open and you had to really slam them to get them to shut. We assumed they would need new bushings in the hinges but, after inspection we found the hinges were nice and tight. So we looked further thinking the car had been wrecked or something similar. The only thing I found was a set of frame connectors that looked newly installed.

After some discussion with the boss, he called the owner in and, after some more discussion, the owner admitted he had installed the connectors a couple months earlier. When asked how he installed the connectors he said he just jacked the car as high as possible on one side and welded that connector on before moving to the other side. He claimed not to own any jack stands just a floor jack.

Fortunately for him his welds were poor and not nearly enough so it only took me 3 hours to remove them and grind everything clean.

Then he paid us to install them a second time.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote