View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 09:56 PM   #14
xr4tic

Re: 70 C10 SWB Frame Measurement Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Excuse me if I'm out of line here but, having the frame supported in a manner that ensures the frame is perfectly level is very important when installing or repairing frame components. If new components are installed and the frame is not level the frame will then be permanently locked in that twisted position.

If your surface isn't flat and level you need to shim your frame supports (jack stands) to get the frame level. Using a cheap 360 degree Lazer level and a tape measure can get you with in the 1/8 of level needed for most vehicles.

Once again if you've already done this please accept my apology. I've seen to many cars marginalized by poorly installed subframe connectors and/or roll bars.
That is a good point, and one I thought of before tightening everything down this morning.

I had the rear higher so I had room to work and get everything in, but I moved the jack stands to where the axle would be to try and simulate where the weight would be and levelled it out front to rear best I could before tightening all the bolts.
xr4tic is offline   Reply With Quote