View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 03:50 AM   #1
Chevy nutcase

Non technical moral dilemma

Does anyone ever second guess a decision to swap out perfectly good parts or components for ones that are merely updated, stronger or cosmetic? Let me explain. About a year ago I bought my 66 c10 dream truck after 3 years of searching. It was 100% fine the day I brought it home but I couldn't leave it that way. I had to make it mine. Lowered it, upgraded to power 5 lug brakes, new tires and wheels, cleaned and painted the motor which now has a new HEI. I enjoy driving it around and the 250 runs very good which starts so easy I can lean in the window, give a bit of choke and it takes off. The accompanying sm420 also seems fine even tho it's geared super low so it's basically a 3 speed. As ok as it is to drive I think I could be having more fun lol. My evil brain that's very liberal with my bank account is telling me I have to get a v8 in there and possibly an m22 as well. I'm aware of the cost and that's part of why I'm torn removing a good 6. As a teen I never hesitated. Nowadays I try to preserve history while not spending billions.

Maybe this thread will get relocated or tossed but it would be lovely to hear opinions either way

Last edited by Chevy nutcase; 05-31-2023 at 05:24 AM.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote