View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 10:46 PM   #4495
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I had a bunch of things to do outside but it's rained for a couple days and the next few don't look promising either so i did the front brakes on my Uncle's Chrysler Intrepid,no pictures but a horrible mess,everything seized and rotten,as always an hour job turns into about 3 fighting with junk but then i got fooling around in an old Craftsman tool box my Father in-law told me to take when we were there a couple weeks ago helping them clean up and thin out some stuff.there were some AC Fire Ring spark plug boxes,long before Delco was involved i think,something on the box about 1949,Made in Canada and The Thompson Co. i think it said.i'd never seen AC plugs in boxes like that,an old,made in Springfield,Mass 1/4 inch drill,sorry i forgot the brand but it must weight 10 pounds?i plugged it in and away it went but the cord had me worried.some made in Canada Gray tools,good stuff,some Craftsman,made in the USA,more good stuff including a 1/2 drive Craftsman ratchet with a long handle.i have several Snap-on ratchets,one 3/8's drive with a long handle and i use it all the time and was looking for a long handled 1/2 inch.i have 3 or 4 Made in England Record vises and brought home a # 4 Record vise that swivels and i have a home for that on a metal working/sheet metal brake table i'm building.all kinds of cool stuff.i love it when a plan comes together.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote