View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 11:56 PM   #22
70C10Ginger

Re: 59 Chevy Viking 40 Rebuild “Stamford”

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
A few years back there was a fella on here that did something like that. He used the floor and firewall from the donor. Dont remember seeing a finished version.
It's a huge job to accomplish what you want there. What about a smaller diesel, like the Cummins 4 banger. Quite a bit shorter. Less cab room gone maybe.
If it were me I would do a long flat deck instead of a truck box. The lifted diesel 4x4 duallys look like a kids tonka truck in full size. I'm past that. Lol.
The look you want is up to you but do some serious planning and pricing before you turn a nut and bolt on the actual truck. Lots of guys get in over their head. Dont wanna admit it. Can't afford to farm it out, so it sits in pieces and finally gets sold for cheap.
Maybe once you get it home and can see how actual solid (or not solid) it is you can make a plan and talk to a few guys, and shops who do this kinda work, and get some ideas, do and don'ts.
I’ve got a structural welder that is the foreman for the ski lifts out here helping me, a machine shop helping me find and build the 6bt, and I can do the geometry for the 4x4 conversion.
70C10Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote