View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 09:42 AM   #24
AlaskaK10

Re: 1966 K10 LS Swap Contemplation

I thought I would post some pictures of the hood repair I have done and a shot of the front fenders. On the fenders I removed the complete supports both fender brace and bolting flange lots of hidden rust in between the flanges.
I took the hood off my donor truck as it was the best out of three hoods I had. I completely dismantled the inner panels from the hood. The rust inside was god awful . I sandblasted all the parts. Yes even the top of the hood . I stood about four feet away and brush blasted the old paint and rust off. Hood did not warp at all. The front inner panel of the hood was eaten up pretty good. You can't buy that part in a repro. I sprayed all the insides of the hood and reinforcements with Devoe 302 epoxy primer which is about 90% solids and is zinc rich. Used it for years in boat building. There are so many marine epoxies that in my view surpass a lot of the automotive products in quality. I especially like the marine high build epoxy primers by awlgrip or sterling now owned by asko nobel.
The repro hood valance I bought was about 180 dollars and fit one side of the hood but the radius was different on the other side. I was going to cut and split it but decided to fair it with epoxy filler instead.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlaskaK10; 07-17-2023 at 06:06 AM.
AlaskaK10 is offline   Reply With Quote