Thread: Far North 67
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2023, 11:14 PM   #55
mr.mud1

Re: Far North 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldrider View Post
Thanks! I've seen some over the top builds on here, so really appreciate the compliment. And as much as I love a clean restoration as much as the next guy, this truck was far enough off that track when I got it that I didn't feel too bad about continuing down the path of swapping in the modern stuff. After all these are General parts, too

Thank you! Its been a fun project so far and has come with a lot of learning curve. Seeing your comment about being close to caught up to present made me laugh. I remember when I started the swap in May I thought I could knock it out by July even though I gave myself the entire summer... I mean, the guys on youtube are swapped out in the course of a 10 minute video. Well, it's taken me a little longer than that, but I suppose I introduced a little more complexity with the blower and I also wanted it to look like a factory install, if that makes any sense.
gorgeous truck.love the upgrades,love the white paint,love it all.no need to feel bad about anything here.you deserve a pat on the back.what a truck.i finished my 72 truck this spring,all stock,i have a 67 Impala wagon,all stock,building the next one,a 39 Chrysler,all modified and hope to go see a guy this week with several buildings full of cars and trucks but up til now,wouldn't sell anything.i have him thinking about selling a few, so i plan to go see him this week or next.he has a Diamond T truck and a 53 Mercury truck among others he may sell.if i buy one or the other or something,the Merc might have to be a coyote swap or an LS type engine in a Diamond T or who knows what.i know less than nothing about this new stuff but time to learn?i did put an EFI 360Magnum engine in the 39 chrysler and it runs,so there is hope that maybe an old dog can learn a new trick?take care,great truck.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote