View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 01:59 PM   #121
olrosa

Re: Grandpa's OG 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc72 View Post
Can you describe how the QA1 ride quaility is vs stock, what front spring rate did you go with and rear? I am just about to pull the trigger on buying the full front and rear QA1 set-up, just wanted to try and get a little insight as to how the driving quaility is first! A lot of cheddar to spend if its not extremly better than stock?
thanks
Describing is hard LOL. I'd say stiffer than stock, but way better, if that makes sense. Like a regular car vs a sports car. Get the sway bar! Barely any body roll. It handles excellent. Just to be clear, i only have the front setup with the QA1 crossmember as well. The setup still works great. I did put QA1 shocks in the rear.

That being said, I had the full setup on a '66 that I built as well. And I loved that setup too. I am a big QA1 fan. Great quality and performance. Worth the $$$

I did not use the rear setup on my square because it was already C notched and I did not want to remove it. It was welded in. The full kit is better all around. And I cannot adjust my ride height in the rear. I may re-do the rear setup at some point.

Hope that helps
olrosa is offline   Reply With Quote