Thread: 55.2-59 Is Code 504 in business?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 03:30 PM   #9
mr48chev

Re: Is Code 504 in business?

The primary reason that I don't like S-10 swaps is the guys who buy a nice running and driving and often fully restored truck and rip a real nice chassis out from under it to replace it with a worn out 300 plus mile frame that they then spend another 3 k on by the time they buy the kit and the kits to modify the suspension on. S10 frame your kit, 504 or ?? kit, longer control arms 4 link kit for the rear with bags all around and they think they cut a fat hog but in the long run spent half again as much as they would have with a decent independent front end and 4 link and notch for their stock frame. You on the other hand usually haul the cab off a grain truck home, find the nose and bed and running boards and build the whole truck out of pieces.

It's these new guys who show up on FB with their just bought really nice trucks that they drove home and then pop up saying that they just bought the truck and drove it home and ask what S-10 frame they need that burn my biscuits. They are clueless to the concept that there is any other way because the guys down at the local hangout say that is the only way to go. There was even one showing up in a 32 ford group the other day wanting to know what S=10 frame to use under a 32 body.
No frame, hacked up frame or wrong frame I don't have an issue with S-1- swaps. but you sold 104 kits, all the other vendors in the country probably sold another thousand combined, Then throw in the number of long bed S-10 trucks that went to the crusher without the frames being salvaged or the number that guys went to salvage the frame only to find that it was in too bad shape to use. Around here there are more 4x4 S 10 trucks than two wheel drive for the most part.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote