View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 11:24 AM   #8
PaulJG

Re: Dana 44 ..missing spring/cup

Thanks for searching..I assumed info easily available if your talking about front dana 44.
At this point I'm assuming my axle was complete. The 'full time' diagram...it seems the only difference with mine is the spring and cup as far as the outer axle portion. I did not purchase other set of axles as they were full time and one side buried in mud(wrecking yard). I had watched a YouTube on dana 44 breakdown but must have missed that it was full time.
I will be going through mine over the next month. Rebuilt 1 caliper..never done that. Cleaned up/painted axle tube and half the parts thus far. Next is install Moog ball joints. Appreciate the learning process..

One tip my brother gave me for searching for practical information is put 'forum" in front of your search terms. It gets you to sites like this discussing your problem or interest in the threads/forums.
Not sure how 'reaching' big businesses is in auto field suppressing information.. I know papers university students write from taxpayer grants are often congregated into a pay to read sites. Have to take the good with the bad. At least more information is available than ever before in history.
I just plowed through the mirror threads here again. I had grabbed a small mirror/bracket at local swap meet. It appears to be the 72 painted d29. I say that to say this site has a lot of useful information..sometimes just searching gives you the info your looking for no need to create another thread. Thanks 67-72chevytrucks.com !!
1980 Boston Whaler Supercat 17sold, 19sold, 20
PaulJG is offline   Reply With Quote