Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 04:14 PM   #991
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

I know exactly what you mean. I try to get out early enough to a few hours in but by noon it is 100+. We've had more than a week of 110. Make sure to drink lots of water or other liquids of choice. I got a 30 in. pedestal fan pointed directly at me.
Anyway, Sanity is being prepared for paint. The bed is ready and Bryan is working on getting the hood blocked out, plus other stuff. I'll try to post some progress pics later. I've been working on my bed wood. I've got all of the holes drilled in the 4 edge boards and the next 2 boards that have the holes drilled for the inner fenders. I then went ahead and wiped them all down with grease and wax remover before sanding them on all sides and ends with 220 grit sandpaper and slightly rounding all of the sharp edges that might splinter. I then sanded the top sides with 320 grit sandpaper. Except for a final wipe down, they are ready for the first coat of finish. The bed wood is from Mar-K and it is high quality and needed very little sanding. I'm very happy with choosing white oak.
Now I've got 6 more full length boards to do the same thing with.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote