View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 01:36 AM   #1205
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Well......

It wouldn't crank. Not even a click.

The long and the short of it is the way I wired the Neutral Safety Switch, and the way the Neutral Safety Switch needed to be wired, were not the same. The more I looked into it, the less I knew what I did.

Starter Relay trigger+ comes from NSS in transmission, which supplies + to the relay. Relay is triggered by the PCM grounding it on one pin, when it sees a cranking signal on another pin. I didn't have that. I fixed that. This one took me a WHILE to fix.

THEN.......

It would NOT crank when you had the key on "start," but would just cough as you let go of the key and let it return to "run," but only for a fraction of a second. That one took me a smaller while to resolve. I had the starter relay source coming from an "Accessory" source, not a "Key On" source. Not sure how that happened, but I re-pinned my relay block and it would now crank.

BUT......

It would crank, fire up, and shut off after a second. This, too, took me a WHILE to resolve. Turned out the PCM wasn't seeing the Drive By Wire "Throttle Actuator Control." The Key+ source wire that comes into the TAC module was receiving no voltage. I don't know where it goes into the harness, but it wasn't Key+. I re-routed it to connect to my PCM resistor block. Now it sees the throttle!

EXCEPT....

Now it's 10:30 at night, and I'm not a complete asshole to my neighbours.

EXCITINGLY......

I did find time to setup a graph in VCM Scanner that receives my wideband input (through the fuel tank pressure sender input), and calculate its error off the commanded AFR. I'm really excited about that.

It did sound good, and had good oil pressure, and oil is getting to the turbo!

AT ANY RATE....

Tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen, tomorrow.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate

Last edited by SkinnyG; 08-10-2023 at 01:47 AM.
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote