Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 02:55 PM   #283
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
No, they actually mean, you know what you are doing and do it well!!! That's not bragging!!!
I appreciate that. I am super proud of any awards, publicity or notoriety I have received in my career and or hobby. I try not to make it sound as if I am bragging about any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
it does, however, mean you are now the go-to guy for ANY paint related questions. haha
good for you on the trophies. i won't tell anybody. lol.
I'm always up to give paint advice. I worked for PPG as a training instructor up until 2020 when due to Covid they closed several training centers. I loved that job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyLikeaBurger View Post
Man that does look nice. Since you are tightening up all the contact point/gaps on the body, I have seen someone create a panel, well more like a winglet to close the cap between the front panel of the bed and the rear od the cab. Sort of where the bolts that attach the bed side to the front panel are. They contoured a flat panel that followed the edge of the cab, with about an 1/8-1/4 inch gap to the cab. It was subtle but got rid of that gap you can see from the side.
I guess there are many ways to get this done. Below is how I went about it this week. I didn;t get super crazy closing the cab to bed gap as this will be a driver and don;t want there to be any issues ever of them coming in contact due to chassis flex. Although I would like to think that boxing the frame and the X member it will have little flex now.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote