Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 04:25 PM   #289
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Todays project was to fix the filler panel between the running board and bed. I cut a slice in it and pushed the metal where I needed it. I then put a tack weld on to hold the shape. I then took it off and final welded the gap.

This shows it with welds ground. It is a tighter gap then appears, but also not pushed as far back against the fender as it could be.

While I had it off the truck I formed a piece of metal and extended the leading edge for a better flow.

And since I was in the area I finished what I started last week, that being the stake pocket. I'm not a fan of the way they just stop. So I extended it and rolled it in towards the filler panel. The question then became what to do about the two half round reveals (body lines). Do I continue them? If so how? Or do I just stop them?

I've seen where people have done this modification before, and every time other than once, people have extended the lines. So me being me and wanting to be mildly different I measured from the top to the bottom and made a cut line. When I formed the extension pieces and welded them in I then welded closed the two hald round reveals. I then ground the welds rounding the bottom off as well. At the end of the day I like it, it's different. And for me that works.

And with the filler panel installed...

4.37 hrs today
507.17 hrs subtotal

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote