View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 09:37 PM   #80
indymachinist

Re: 68 shortbed stepside stripper truck build

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldrider View Post
nicely done!

You mention spinning the tires and I have no doubt about that, just curious how the traction control is working or if there's still work to be done?

Also, I'm not familiar with Pro EFI, are you using their display in the dash? Very clean setup all the way around
Traction control is not currently active. The truck has yet to spend time with a tuner for a proper tune. That is coming on Sept 18th.

I have taken a few logs while driving… the other day I was riding down a nicely paved country road and rolled into the throttle again. Again, the tires cut loose and left some nice straight black lines. When I looked at the log I saw that I made 6lbs of boost which the computer said made approximately 560 crank hp. At that time the front wheels were doing about 55 and the rear wheels were doing about 75. So the computer sees it and knows the tires are spinning, but doesn’t know what to do about it. That is where a tuner will come in.

My dash is a RacePak IQ3S display in a Classic Dash surround. If I had it to do over I would not use the RacePak. There are multiple better options out there these days and I don’t care for RacePak support.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote