View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 11:25 PM   #221
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Today was the day!

Yesterday almost was. I worked on raising the rear up and got it high enough to stop the tire rubbing the body. Drove around the yard a bit and headed down the driveway. And it died right at the end of the driveway. My driveway is 1/4 mile long BTW. I thought I ran out of gas. Put some gas in and nothing. I couldn't hear the fuel pump running.

Well wtf, it's a new pump. So I got towed back to the garage and started troubleshooting. Fuses were all good. Tried putting power directly to the pump at the plug and nothing.

This morning I pulled the pump out and the power lead soldered connector was separated. Easy fix and away I went. I got about 6 miles on it on the county roads around here. The ride was really good. Not harsh at all. It was so strange to drive though. Your ass is about 8" off the ground. It was like driving my racecar. It's not even like a convertible.

Anyway, the brakes need more bleeding. It stalls when coming to a stop, which the Ford tech line said I shouldn't have to worry about. I think I have a fix for that though from Dakota digital. I should get the windshield on, lol. And finish wiring. Still lots to do but I finally drove it down the road!

Sorry about the sideways pics. And I was not driving over 100 mph. The speedometer isn't calibrated yet. Only went 55 and only hit 5th gear once for about 15 seconds. Remember, no windshield and soft brake pedal.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote