View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 08:28 PM   #1016
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I got a heater box out of a 67 $82 out the door. Unfortunately the Gunther who removed it cracked it but all the tabs are intact.
Back in '95 I hit a deer in White Fang on US 80, doing 80 at night between Bisbee and Tombstone. Trashed my grille and D/S Headlight. Regulator burned out right after I got home to Tucson. Also thought Distributor shaft was bent, and Alternator fried with the Regulator. Neeeded new Batt too.
I found a good grille on a '68 Suburban at Jeff's Auto Parts in South Tucson [now long gone] for a good price. But they scared me how fast the junkyard kid used a cutting torch to dissect the '68 body to get my grille. It mounted very nicely on my '67 Sub. Only a small heat burn down low, under the Pass/Side parking lamp, where he wasn't careful. Biggest issue was discovering the Parking Light bucket pigtails were different. Rather than splice and solder, I reused my '67 buckets.
I was sorry they trashed a clean body '68 Suburban to get one part. I also got a clean tailgate [w/ SUBURBAN chromed badge] off that '68.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote