View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 06:39 PM   #373
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
The valve stems finally showed up this morning. A friend of mine has a tire machine so I called him to see if he could mount the tires on the Dually wheels. He said his machine wasnt big enough to do those, so I called around to a couple of other tire shops. They either wouldn't do them because I didn't buy the tires from them or it was going to be longer than I wanted to wait. What do you do in that case? Mount them yourself....

After installing the new valve stems in the wheels, I started on the first one. That first one was a bear because of the learning curve. Even though I came in the house and watched a few videos on YouTube it was still a little daunting. The second one was a lot easier because I didn't use any soap on it. That first one was so slippery you couldn't get the tire started on the rim. Two done and two to go. It started raining on me so I had to quit for the day. I will mount the other two in the morning. One of the problems is that I am a lightweight so I don't have enough lead in my arse to hold everything down. It kept wanting to move on me. One thing I'm not short on is determination... I will prevail!!!

EDIT: Added picture of the valve stem box for part number.

New valve stems.

Tire 1 and tire 2.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-20-2023 at 07:48 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote