View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 10:09 PM   #15
dmjlambert

Re: went cheap on the door seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKfan View Post
Was ordering something from LMC and decided to also buy some door seals while I was at it. I usually use a different vendor but was trying to save on shipping. Figured they are probably all being made in the same place anyway.

Ever door seal I have done has either been exactly end to end in fitment or I had to trim a little off.

LMC did the trimming for me...... about an inch and a quarter short on both sides!
Always something (unless I find more openings grew)
Being "thrifty" rarely pays off for me
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, here goes. I got some more expensive seals and installed and came up with the same gap. Then I read in a post here on the forum it matters how you install, because as you go around the door frame and push the seal on, there is an opportunity to bunch or stretch the rubber by an almost imperceptible amount. Then when you get to the point where the 2 ends meet you either have too much or not enough. I took mine loose, and just to see how it would turn out, I barely pulled as I put it on, and sure enough I had an extra 4 or 5 inches that I could have cut off. I look it loose again and with some "precision" installation trial and error, the 2 ends met perfectly. I suspect yours will meet perfectly and work fine if you install it with this in mind.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote