View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 12:07 PM   #5
Kriegs

Re: obs disc on 63-66 C10 upper arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
The later (73-87) 3/4 & 1-ton trucks utilize the same HD bushings as the pre-73 1/2 ton trucks. They do not utilize the 'car' style bushing.
Only the 73-87 1/2 ton trucks use the 'car' style bushing. The later '88-up chassis use the rubber bushings in the 1/2 - 1-ton configuraation.
Great Thanks SCOTI, I should have researched that better.Thought I read somewhere the 73+ arms,altho 3/4-1 ton,also had the rubber shaft bushing as well. I should have cross referenced it thru a parts comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
With conversion spindles and available 6 lug rotors, makes it easy and you could have it done this week.

IMO you are mixing a lot of parts-then when it come time to replace anything you have to remember where they came from.
Yep understood, hence why I was asking if the 73+ 3/4-1 ton uppers were any different then the 66 c10 as far as shaft bushing(no rubber bushings like the 1/2T-car style) to keep as much(as budget as possible) same years.I have stock HD 1.25" obs front knuckle assemblies from my drop spindle swap on my OBS(TONS of OBS in the yards near me, literally got my entire dropped front knuckle assemblies from the yard for less then bare new drop spindles ($160+tax/gate fee) so for me,budget wise,at this time using them assemblies+rebuilt 3/4-1 Ton lowers is more eco friendly till Ii can upgrade to tubular/airbag system in the future.I totally get what you're saying Warrens69GMC,I'am hoping to keep it as Memory friendly as possible till budget allows
Kriegs is offline   Reply With Quote