View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 12:45 PM   #169
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

The alternator was bad. I replaced it. The new one had a six rib pulley, my belt has 4 ribs. I swapped out the pulley from the old alternator. I made a trip to the parts yard, but all the trucks were picked away. I found one truck that had some parts left. I got a handful of obsolete junk for $5.00 including and EGR valve and fuel pressure spring. I’ll keep that stuff until it’s needed. I also picked up a timing light and a fuel pressure gauge. I was going to test the fuel pressure, but the truck finally would not start. I put 4 gallons of gas in a year and a half ago. It had ran out, I added another 4 gallons and it started right up and ran strong. It’s starting to get cold and rainy here so I’m trying to get all the crawling around on the ground work done before it turns into a mud pit. Painting weather is over. I mounted the fuel charcoal canister up on the inner fender. The Headlight sockets from the ’88 GMC are the same as the ’47 Chevy, so I can use the donor harness. I did have to cut the harness to feed the headlight wires through the bucket grommet and extend the wires. I painted the buckets, but the weather was not good for that. The headlight adjuster was missing on one side so I’ll have to order one, also might order new turn signal sockets. I had modified the parking lights with two filament bulbs 20+ years ago. I think I can do a better job of it now, I had mounted the sockets with one bolt instead of two as I did not want to drill an extra hole at the time.
There were a couple 70 degree days that I was able to paint the bull bar. I modified the supports to go onto the modified donor frame. I took a break from crawling around on the ground and finished installing the cargo panels, and the wood strip.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote