View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 09:29 PM   #432
zicc1835

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I finished up some things on the truck the last few days.

Sandblasted and coated the tail light and reverse light housings yesterday. After I sandblast them I coat them inside and out with Rustoleum Cold Galvanizing Compound. It has good reflective qualities and is a good rust preventive. Sorry about the crappy pictures, I forgot I had the flash on. Got those installed.

I didn't have the wire loom installed from the firewall to the rear cross member so I went ahead and did that next and tested it at the back plugin. Everything tested out OK except for the reverse lights.. I'm not worried about those right now. Installed the bulbs and lenses and plugged the connector in at the cross member and everything worked (except those darn reverse lights)...... Surprise!......

I removed the upper grille hoop the other day so I could paint the top part of the grille where I scuffed it up working on stuff. I taped that off, used scotch brite on it and painted it this afternoon. After it dried I put the grille hoop and Bowtie back on.

I had enough daylight left so I installed the hood letters and put the bumper back on.

I have a fuel line that needs secured away from the exhaust and a couple of other little things and I can start driving it.

LockDoc
does that galvanizing compound come in quart can or spray can?
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote