View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 12:21 PM   #16
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Just did mine in Testors Black and Krylon grey.I like the fact that the Krylon dries fast.I had better luck with the real stuff on tape,I don't remember the brand.I used steel wool to clean the dash and door panels then a degreaser and clean water.I had to do that the second time because I tried to skate the first time and just gloss over with the steel wool.I also used the degreaser and windex on the rubber parts so the tape would adhere better.
The steel wool worked better than sandpapaer because it didn't leave any marks to cover with the paint.Strip the dash because it will look better than if you try to tape it.I also used a light coat of primer on most of it so the peeling wouldn't be such a problem.I did not get pro results but then I have a driver not a show truck.
I hope to do a frame offr at some point and really do it right but it looks tons better than it did.Also don't forget to tape up the holes in the dash.That will help make it look more professional than when it has overspray on the wiring ect. under the dash.
Every minute you spend taping accurately will pay big dividends when you're finished because it will look much better.Paint can only look as good as the prep work.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote