View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 08:46 AM   #10
AlaskaK10

Re: Fitting the 292 to the SB 66 K10 Frame

I appreciate the kind words. As for the truck originally coming with a 292? No it did not. It had a 230 six in it. A guy on facebook market place was selling a 292 with complete 66 running gear. He was putting in a 383 Stroker so stripped out the 292 and all associated parts from radiator, driveshafts transfer case etc. The package came with the special mount to install the 292. It looks similar to the v8 perch but is different. it is actually shorter so you use the V8 perch on the driver side and the shorter perch on the passenger side. The frame has the proper holes already in it so it was simple to move it forward. As for the 4 wheel drive disc conversion I bought the package from horsepower sales came as a engineered kit probably could have saved some money buying a different front end and stripping the disc brakes off it but then why not just install it rather than the closed knuckle. I will say though the only thing about the horsepower sales kit was I had to upgrade the hubs from the original Warn M8s which were perfectly fine to the newer style warn premium hubs. I think a 2 wheel drive would be way simpler to put in the 292 than the 4x4 just because of the mount. The mount looks like someone fabricated it from a V8 perch
Attached Images

AlaskaK10 is offline   Reply With Quote